Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Big One Makes Pat Happy

I've never been one to think that size really mattered, but apparently it does. Today the patient received a package in the mail. Since I am the one home alone with el sick-o I would have preferred for the package to have been delivered via my favorite shipping company, The United Parcel Service, where the men in brown take such good care of the packages and would have come to my door and chit-chatted while the gimp lay helpless in the bed wondering where his ice bag was and why I had not come back to his side, refilled his juice and massaged his...oh never mind. But I won't look the gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means).

Above, the nurse delivers the patient the package (By the way, she would have preferred UPS too).

The patient is excited. Even before he opens the box, he can tell it is the "big daddy" he has always wanted.

Kelly must appreciate big ones, too. Careful there Little Lady, don't set your expectations too high; you are bound to be disappointed. Pat is reading the directions and already making plans for his next prescribed burn.



Thank you, Jeff, for thinking of Pat when you ran across this extra large lighter. You must have remembered this post and knew that Pat loves burning down woods. Thanks to you, he is now cured. He has left the bed, his shoulder is in perfect condition and he has figured out how to flick the bic!

Below is our backyard early this morning. Hello trees. I have always been grateful that we did not cut you down when we built. One day our children will climb you and create memories that will last forever. See? The kids are grateful for the trees too.

I'll call this shot BEFORE the big one.

And below...

AFTER the big one

On another note, I must tell all how helpful the miniature nurse has been to the lame husband. She is there for his every beck and call. She yearns to please him. She insists on delivering his food, fetching his napkins, refilling his cold compress. I'll tell ya where I'd like to stick that cold compress. She also wants to wear her nurse apron while doing her duties. She is a regular Clara Barton, that one! One day she will make some man very happy, and I'm afraid it won't be her daddy.

I have had two sisters make suggestions regarding this little nurse's apron and myself and I have one comment for you: Are you nuts? I need him to get better and I will not encourage this type of sickly behavior.

No comments: