Saturday, March 22, 2008

Shoulder Surgery

I am on my second XL cup of coffee with Splenda (I'm still on the artificial sweetners despite this) and my favorite milk product (after milkshakes from Scenic 90 Cafe), hazelnut creamer, and therefore feel somewhat human and ready to fill-in my blog-readin'-peeps.

Pat had shoulder surgery on Thursday. It isn't the first time for him, but it is the first time for me as a Shoulder Surgery Recovery Lead Nurse First Housemaid Head Parent. I know you are all wondering... I am doing fine. Ugh, I mean, he is doing fine. He has a lot of pain, but having such good care is really pulling him through the tough times.

Sam went to the doctor for a well check-up this week and he has a full-on ear infection. She gave him a shot of antibiotics, but I am wondering if it worked. He's a bit whiny, but I can never tell if he is just getting spoiled, teething or in ear related pain?

Pat's whining is a little easier to decipher than Sam's. Pat is either feeling under-sexed or his shoulder hurts. Both of which are curable with a couple of Percocets. Thank goodness.

Speaking of drugs, why don't they prescribe meds for the caregiver? Just wondering.

2 comments:

ashley said...

You are so funny. Kate has an ear infection too, you and I have both been through this too many times before.

Lorie said...

Tell Pat I hope he recovers fast. For your sake, I REALLY hope he recovers fast!!

Poor Sammy. Feel better soon! If he is whiny, he must be sick. The kid is hardly ever whiny. He is not spoiled!!