Friday, March 14, 2008

Please help with this age-old question!

Over on the right you will see I have added a poll. I need your help answering this question that has tormented me for years. Really, it has! Now that I have children I want to make sure that I teach them the proper terminology 'cause I ain't gonna have no kids that don't know how to talk right, especially when it comes to important matters like being neck-id. So please, do you part in ed-u-ma-catin' my youingin's. I have high aspirations for them and it's going to take a village (as Hillary would say).

Puh-lease help my momma to learn me up right.

I'm all jacked-up on Mountain Dew. Baby Jesus as your witness, you better only vote once 'cause this right here is a highly technical poll that my vocabulary is dependin' upon.

What was I born into? This family is nuts. She wears underwear on her head. The boy would rather eat his boogers than his mother's delicious, well-balanced and lovingly prepared dinners (that lady is a saint -- and beautiful to boot). And the man? He just keeps getting in my face and saying dah-dah. Daaaaaah-dah. Say dah-dah. Soon I will have to tell him how I really feel, "Father, I am not your pet parrot. Take your gibber-gabber elsewhere." Until then I will continue to laugh at them, not with them.

4 comments:

Jess said...

This post is too funny! But here is a confession for you. I believe the correct terminology is "buck naked", but I still say butt naked and refuse to say the other. Why? I don't know...I think it just sounds silly. If you can see a butt then they are completely in the nude. What part of the body is a buck? That is a deer. I rest my case on the simple argument that people have butts not bucks. Hmph!

Lorie said...

I had answered back a real long answer the first day you posted this, but when I hit post, it all disappeared. I was at work and couldn't do it again. I googled it and there were many different explanations. More of them pointed to Buck naked coming first, but a few said the other. There are lots of good explanations that make sense on the internet, but no one knows for sure. I think I say both. ha

Kristy said...

Yes. Yes. I already googled it, but don't you think an informal poll of friends and family is much more fun? Your information may skew the voters to one side.

Note to Voters: Don't be skewed by Lorie's comments.

Unknown said...

I couldn't find the poll. I'm assuming this means because I don't read your blog every day, and perhaps it's gone. However, being somewhat perceptive, I'm guess that the burning village question is: Is it butt naked or buck naked?
So.....I USED to say "butt naked" for the same reasons as Jess. But I think now I say "buck naked". I'm thinking, however, that if you just say, "Buh naked" then no one really knows that you don't know. They just know you're from the South.
I know one thing's for certain: According to Jerry Clower (good ole Mississippi boy), I believe, there is a difference between naked and neckid. Naked means you have no clothes on. Neckid means you have no clothes on, and you're up to no good. Just thought you oughta know.