I have made this three times. Last week I added the capers and the kalamata olives for the first time. Pat went on and on about it so I guess he liked the additions.
Balsamic Glazed Chicken Thighs (or Breasts)
1 1/2 T. vegetable oil
1/2 stick butter
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
3T. balsamic vinegar
1 c. red wine (or substitute chicken stock)
1 T. capers
1/4 c. kalamata olives, pitted
salt and pepper
parsley for garnish
Heat oil and butter over high. Add the chicken thighs to the skillet careful not to crowd pan. Sear each side until the chicken is golden, about 1 minute per side. Remove to baking dish.
Add the onion and garlic to pan, until the onions are soft. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, red wine (or stock if you are substituting), capers, olives and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bring to a slow simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour the balsamic glaze over the chicken and place in a 350° preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the chicken has just cooked through. Remove from the oven, garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HELP!!! I will be the culinary moron...What are capers!?!?
I am not sure what they are, but they are yummy (I think). They are near the olives and pickels in a skinny, tall jar. They are real briney and salty. They have a flavor of their own. They look like tiny berries.
Anyone else want to explain them better than me?
I will have to look for those next time I go to the store. I had a recipe once that called for them. And since I didn't know, I just omitted them!
Post a Comment