Sunday, February 3, 2008

To Fry or Not to Fry?


Pat asked that I make Chicken Wings for the Super Bowl tonight. I've made wings before, but usually I bake them. This time, he asked that they be fried (being the Super Bowl and all -- I figure eating fried wings is the closest to euphoria he can get next to the Dolphins actually playing in the Super Bowl). It sounded like a great idea. I, too, love Chicken Wings and I am always up for a new deep frying adventure. Then I started looking for just the right recipe. Pioneer Woman claims if I make her wings (see photo above) I can make all the guys fall in love with me. Considering he has already married me (and the UPS man won't be having dinner with us tonight), who needs love? What I need is a husband to outlive me so I am not left with three kids to raise alone. Her recipe calls for two sticks of butter and 1 1/2 inches of canola oil in a deep vat. Hummm? Now the quandary: Make him happy tonight or keep him alive for tomorrow? What is a wife and mother to do?
Let me think about it...




After further consideration, I will slice up some celery and he can dip it in a bowl of wheat germ. That's a fair compromise. Don't you think?



6 comments:

Jess said...

I tried PW's wings and Paul reiterated his vows to me all over again...no not really. But he did say that they were by far the best tasting homemade wings he had ever had. So there you go, for one night of eating the unhealthy foods they like, you totally ROCK in their eyes. It's a good trade...after all how many wings can they possibly eat in one evening??? Have fun!

Lorie said...

Celery/chicken wings.... pretty much the same thing.

Who knew we had so many excellent bloggers in this family. I am going to have to step up my game. What with Kristy, Ashley and Jessica making me laugh everytime, I open up their blog, mine is really bad.

Love seeing the babies, um big kids, um always babies to me!!

Jess said...

I love your blog!! Don't you dare put it down! I love your blog and love you!!
*smooch*

Lesley said...

I made PW wings a while back. They were pretty good, but not so good that I felt I could let go of the guilt of how bad they are for you. I think I like the healthier versions better.

The kids are SO ADORABLE!

ashley said...

Forget about the wings, look at those cheeks!

Anonymous said...

OMG...I'm reading a criggin' blog!