Thursday, February 7, 2008

Survivor Starts Tonight

It is no secret, "the sisters" and Mom love Survivor. Tonight Survivor starts. Please make note, do not call any of us between 7:00pm and 8:00pm; we won't answer the phone (Greg...don't be a wise-ass).

As much as we love the show, we loved celebrating Sara's 40th birthday with a surprise Survivor birthday party even more. Several of us rented a beach house, made Sara leave the beach house, and prepared to surprise her with a "dinner" (so she was told). When she returned home the Survivor theme song was playing and Sara was presented her big birthday dinner.

What's for dinner? A huge bowl of rice, of course.
Being a true Survivor fan, she knew this music and this rice was not just any ol' birthday dinner.


So we all chowed-down on the rice in wooden bowls and used sea shells for utensils.



The blue team poised for action (note unlit torch).



The yellow team lighting their torch after winning their first challenge.




The pink team fishing with homemade cane poles.



The orange team, the ultimate winners of the entire two-night, ten-challenge party.



The red team acting goofy.



On your mark, get set, out wit, out play, out ____? I can't remember the last part of the slogan.



Action shot of a relay I think John and Lorie designed.






More action shots.






Captain of the cheerleading squad, my mother-in-law, my friend, I-Lean.





Great idea: Fishing at dusk with bloody squid. Can you say Shark Bait?





Look Ma, watch this!, I'ma gonna go out in this here water with this here bloody squid and I'ma gonna geet us sum dinner.



When Pat came out of the water with only seconds to spare carrying this little fish, we all thought for sure he rigged the event. Is that is fish in his pocket, or is he...? But my sportsman-of-a-husband doesn't have to cheat. That boy can put food on the table (and all Brian brings home is Hagan Daas)!



Some may call us hokey and others may say we are corny; you are both right! But no matter how silly we all look I can say from the bottom of my heart this was the most adult fun I have had with my adult family...ever!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it is out last. This birthday celebration was the best ever. I still think about it and want to do it all over again. Thank you to all of my sisters!
Sara

Lesley said...

That party looks like a blast! And by the way, the last part of the slogan is, "outlast", I believe.

ashley said...

Those were two of the best days ever and the days spent planning it were pretty fun too.

Did you intentionally place my butt in both of the "action" shots?

Lorie said...

I wondered what Ashley would say about the butt shots. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Ashley, As I recall you worked reeeeal hard to get your butt ready for that beach week. You did not just watch your foods, you worked out a whole bunch. I am sure you don't mind the photos! I sure wouldn't.

Lorie said...

OH and no, that one wasn't our challenge. Remember, in our challenge you had to fill a plunger with water.......
ha

Jess said...

I loved looking through your 'Survivor' pictures. It looked like you all had a blast!